This week, prepares us for the Black Friday countdown! For those who don’t know it, Blck Friday is the unofficial name of the day following Thanksgiving in the US. The day that is considered the beginning of the Christmas shopping season.
Attempts have been made by retailers to introduce “Black Friday” to other countries around the world since the early 21st century. In Greece, the practice was first introduced in 2015, and by 2016 most companies began to apply it.
So, “Genuine Flavors”, a Greek company with Greek products decided to celebrate “Black Friday” in a weekly way. From today 26/11/2019 until Monday 2/12/2019 you can get 35% discount on Black Garlic products. The magic “black” code is: black19
Have you forgotten how beneficial eating black garlic is?
Here are some eponymous reminders:
- Garlic lysine is blown up in percentages due to its natural ripening. It supplies the human body with energy and increases its antibodies making it more resistant to viruses.
- Black Garlic contains 4 times higher concentrations of beneficial ingredients such as Potassium, Sodium, Magnesium and Calcium than white.
- It improves blood pressure, cholesterol levels and blood circulation.
- It has antimicrobial, antibiotic, anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties.
- It acts as a protective against aging of brain cells.
- It is biological, with nothing more than nature has given it.
- Last but not least, it doesn’t smell good in the mouth. Its taste is reminiscent of truffle oil, it is soft and smoky. As a result, it is not digestible and can even be eaten raw!
Recipe of the week:
Lentils with taste … smoky!
250g lentils thin
1 onion chopped
2 cloves black garlic
1 box of tomato juice
2 bay leaves
4 tablespoons olive oil
some salt, pepper and oregano
Put the lentils in a large saucepan with enough water to heat and boil for 5 minutes. Then drain and put back into the pot with the black garlic and other ingredients. Add water until it reaches the center of the pan, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Have a great time!