Kraken: sea creature that looks like a giant octopus and belongs to the Scandinavian urban myths. He inspired Wern in his novel “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea” and many saw it in the movie “Pirates of the Caribbean” as a monster that haunts the seas.
This mythical creature was our inspiration for today’s dish, with the blue octopus coming out like a monster going to attack our beetroot salad! A dish that will impress, with several preparations, but they are worth their time one by one. Tip: To serve you need stirrup
Blue octopus crackers
For the blue kraken octopus we will need:
- 8 octopus tentacles
- Blue Curacao liqueur (3-4 glasses)
- 1 Apple cider vinegar
- 4 drops of blue pastry color – edible
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 grains of allspice
- 1 handful of whole peppercorns
- Blue salt of Persia
- Black Garlic Genuine Tastes
- Dust of Black Garlic Genuine Tastes
- White truffle oil
- Olive oil
- 1 slice of orange
Tip * If you don’t have truffle oil, mix black garlic powder with olive oil
For beetroot salad we will need
- 4 large beets
- 15 baby potatoes
- 1 leek
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise lighter than light Hellmans
- Balsamic vinegar with honey
For the octopus
- Place the tentacles on the cutting surface
- Sprinkle with blue salt, pepper and Black garlic powder Genuine Tastes
- In a saucepan, empty the whole apple cider vinegar bottle
- Add the allspice, bay leaves, peppercorns and 3 cloves Black Garlic Genuine Tastes
- Finally, a little water, olive oil and 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Helps to break down the acidity of vinegar
- When the pot boils, place the tentacles and cook for 15 minutes
- Boil until soft, you can pinch it with a knife. When it softens, remove from the heat
- In a bowl pour the Blue Curacao, 4 drops of blue pastry color a slice of orange and place the tentacles to marinate. We want the marinade to cover them, so calculate 3-4 glasses of Blue Curacao
For beetroot salad
- Sprinkle the beets with salt, wrap them in aluminum foil and put them in a preheated oven at 200, in the air for 20 minutes
- We also boil our potatoes. Then peel them and cut them into small dough.
- Finely chop the leeks and sauté them, quench with balsamic vinegar and let them caramelize.
- In a bowl pour all the ingredients – add the mayonnaise, caramelized leeks, potatoes and beets
- Finally, add pepper, blue salt, black garlic powder and white truffle oil. Stir gently to color all ingredients.
- In a large hoop, place the beetroot salad and the kritamo on top
- Cut the tentacles in half. Hold the pointed part and cut the back into slices.
- Place around the hoop alternately. Finally, remove the hoop from the salad.