- Runtime: 150′
- Servings: 8
- Degree of difficulty: Moderate
Chicken in the oven filled with dried figs, a unique recipe that will become your favorite. Its characteristic smelly taste will be truly unforgettable to those who are lucky enough to enjoy it. It is ideal for both your Sunday and festive tables along with friends and family. Try it!
Ingredients for chicken in the oven with stuffing dried figs
- 1 large chicken, ideally around 2 kg
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2-3 celery sprigs
- 1 homemade broth or 1 chicken cube
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
Ingredients for filling
- 250 g dried figs Genuine Tastes, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 11/2 cup rice for pilaf
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Chicken in the oven filled with dried figs: Run in 6 steps
- Thoroughly wash the chicken and wipe it with kitchen roll paper. Brush well with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place it aside.
- Prepare the filling.
- First boil the rice for pilaf according to the instructions in its package and set aside.
- Sauté good onion and garlic along with the oil. Then add the dried figs, parsley, dill, thyme and lemon zest.
- Sauté for 1 more minute and then add the wine and balsamic vinegar.
- Add the rice to the mixture, salt, pepper and mix.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the filling in the chicken belly, then sew the opening with a cooking string until it closes well.
- Lay the onion, carrot and celery on the baking sheet. Add the chicken stock. Alternatively, dilute a chicken cube to 250 g. water. Place the chicken on top and pour over the oil.
- Bake the food in the oven for about 90 minutes, until soft and golden.
- Set the chicken aside and allow to cool.
- Cut the chicken into portions and serve on our plates
Have a good time!
Did you like our new recipe: “Chicken in the oven with stuffing of dried figs”?
Read more recipes, tips and interesting texts for your favorite GENERAL TASTES in our new blog.